View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #18
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week to Week Scenarios

Alright. So we lost last night. It was pretty bad. Pretty baaaaaad. But, don't worry! We are still in control of things, we will just need help in a couple of regions.

Next week, we can actually clinch our second division title, by beating the Colts. No strings attached, win and we're division champs, and I get to add another banner to my wall. Hopefully, it won't be the only banner I'm hanging up this year.

Now, we can also clinch a first round bye. How does that work? Well as long as we win, and Denver AND New England loses, then we will clinch a first round bye.

So, as long as we win out, we can get the Number one seed, but it wouldn't hurt for New England to lose to San Fran on Sunday night. That game, and the Denver vs Baltimore game will be very important.

I'd like to point out, that when New England has had a first round bye, they have made it to the Super Bowl 5 out of 6 times. This was mentioned last night. The only time they didn't make it with a bye, was when they lost to their division rivals, the Jets. We all know what a Division matchup is like, so I can't say I fault the Pats for losing that game.

This is all the more reason to hope that New England loses, and Baltimore can win out. I have said time and time again, I would love for the Ravens to be that Number 2 seed, ensuring that one team goes to them, and we could possibly meet up with them in the Conference Championship.

However, it also wouldn't hurt it Denver gets the Number two seed, and they face off with the Pats. Brady vs Manning, again. That would do away with at least one super team in the AFC.

But that's in the future. Let's just see how this week plays out!

Go Texans!

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote