View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1739
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That is absolutely no reason to be excusing player performance.
I do not disagree with you. However, this is a Kubiak thread. And this team respresents Kubiak as a head coach, from his coaching staff all the way down to the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That is absolutely no reason to be excusing player performance. I've seen that response come up every single time we have this never ending proverbial players vs. coaches debate, and I think it's weak. The players need to be held just as accountable as the coaches. To only point a finger at the coaches, screams "quick fix". And quick fixes do not exist.
I did not excuse player performance. You can think it's weak, your right to an opinion.

The point being that the buck stops at Kubiak at the end of the day. His players, his schemes, his preparation, his playcalling. The players can only run the plays given to them. Gary calls all of those on offense.

ONE MAN - Kubiak - has more influence on games than any other person in this organization.

BTW, I'm not advocating quick fix or firing Kubiak at this point. I'm just saying that all the blind and delusional homer glasses that some folks wear need to be taken off. Kubiak is much like Norv Turner to me right now. He can put together a solid regular season team, but his team has yet to be anything until they earn it. I think we just need to be pragmatic and accept the limitations accordingly. The difference between criticism and skepticism.

He got his ass handed to him by Belichick last night. I do not see some magical transformation in the playoffs where Kubiak could out-coach Belichick. A team like the Patriots would have to beat themselves for us to win a playoff game, which is highly unlikely.