View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
SIXTH ROUND: Onterio McCalebb, RB/KR, Auburn, 5-9 176

Reminiscent of Holliday pick to help improve special teams. More similar to Dexter McCluster, can fill 3rd down duties, elusive, good hands (not as small as Trindon) has rushed for 2,586 yards, 63 receptions out of the backfield, 8.5 yards per carry & 25.6 yards per return in the SEC.
I'm not seeing this one. I would call him taller but smaller than Trindon. Only 6 lbs heavier on an extra 4" of height. The fact is what we need is better performance on ST from the back up LB's, DB's, coach, etc.

Quote:
SEVENTH ROUND (Joel Dreessen compensatory): Ben Cotton, TE, 6-6 255

Dreessen was an undrafted free agent, so Texans could wait again until after the draft but why when they could lock up a blocking, big framed TE? Could develop as a pass catcher in time but would fill that role Texans are missing with departure of Joel. As seen last night the loss of Garrett Graham to injury was a bigger factor than most thought, Cotton would provide much needed depth & helping inline blocking pass rushing issue.
I don't think the Texans look for TE's who "could develop as a pass catcher." I think they look for OD, Dreesen, Graham, Casey as guys who can develop as pass protectors.