View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Looks good BL. I like most of the players involved, but here are my thoughts:

1) I realize that NT is a huge need, but is Jenkins the guy? He is massive and incredibly strong, but like with all big guys I worry about his athleticism and if he will eat himself out of the league. And it goes without saying that if Jenkins is the pick then the D changes a bit, as Jenkins plays much different than Cody and Mitchell. I like the pick, as I think he has probably the highest upside of the big NTs, but it still worries me.

2) Love it. I think I mocked Winters in the 3rd a couple weeks ago, and I think the 2nd is probably a better place to grab him. He can be a day 1 starter at RT.

3) Meh. I am not wild about this guy, but we do need to upgrade the OLB position. Only 4.5 sacks and 7 TFLs just dont cut it for me.

3) I like this pick though, good call. ILB needs to be upgraded.

4) I like Vernon as well. I am moving away from the idea that we need a future number 1, as AJ is still going strong. Vernon can be an ideal number 2. Great routes and underrated speed/accel.

5) I dont see it BL, I just dont see it. Character issues, size reservations, and has not played in a year. Plus, CB is becoming a much bigger need than the 5th round.

5) I like grabbing a SS here. I dont know much about this guy, but from the internet he sounds pretty good.

6) Sign me up. Another wrinkle for the offense, brings in some speed.

7) This guy is on my radar too. I think he would make a pretty good swing tackle, but maybe LG is not out of the question.

7) Sounds good.
I've really, really struggled signing off on a nose to plug in Wade Phillips defense. His game against Alabama sold me.

OT must be addressed. Texans seem razor thin after Brown & Newton.

Mercilus is weakside OLB probably for good. His teammate from Illinois plays stronside, actually had 7.5 sacks with Whitney Junior season.

Linebacker lack of coverage skill set, post Cushing, exposed.

Vernon could turn into Welker clone.

TM has swagger, just long as it's on the field.

Another speedster returner is needed, special teams suck.

Another OT/OG with mobility to compete & have competent depth.

How can TE suddenly become so thin, especially help in blocking?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote