View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1737
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
I just did it for NE.

On third and greater than 9 to go, the Pats ran the ball 8 times, converted one first down. They threw the ball 46 times, converting 17. 37% converted via pass.

In the same situation, Houston passed 38 times, converting 7. 18% conversion rate. You also threw 4 picks. You guys ran it an astounding 22 times, converting the aforementioned one time. That would wind the ever loving snot out of me as well.

The difference between staffs? I bet Belichick knew this off the top of his head, and clearly, who ever is calling plays for you guys, doesn't. Now, this is the old "put the ball in the hands of our best player" theory. But, as eriadoc has pointed out, it ain't working.

what a neat toy that is!
You forgot to consider the situations a I had mentioned in an earlier post.

There are only but a few times that are true situations when we need to convert using the run (you can count it with one hand).

One out of five, for example, is 20%.

You can sort the plays by date by clicking on the headline "date" in that particular column.

We had 4 situations in the Dolphins game, for instance.

In the second quarter, facing 3rd and 20 at their 20, we opted to run.

Then we kicked the FG to take the lead.

Our defense was playing great; the call is not too conservative there.

The other 3 times was in the fourth quarter, when we already had a big lead.

Run the ball, punt, and play defense.

We were not giving the Dolphins anything the whole day, nothing is going to or needs to change now.