View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1728
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Tell you what, here's what I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt. Every single time they've run the draw play this year on 3rd and long inside their own 35, they've failed except once. I can go back and pull up game logs if I were so inclined, but I'm not. They're run it in just about every game at least once, multiple times in a couple others. They have succeeded with it ONCE. That's the stat I'm talking about. You want to take it to a more general place, but that's not where I'm going with it. I don't have a problem with Kubiak's 3rd down calls across the board. I have a problem with his play calling in very specific situations. Generally speaking, he does a great job. I've said that repeatedly in many of my posts. He's a great X's and O's guy. He just has no feel for adjustments and he goes to the "quit to fight another day" card way too fast. You can interpret the stuff you're looking up any way you want. I know what my eyes have told me, and if you want another data point, just go read the gameday threads. In the moment, when the play is being called, read what's being posted. Plenty of people are seeing the same thing I am.
He is not running the play to get a first down. He is running it to protect our QB from our non-pass blocking offensive line. We saw that we could'nt win in the playoff's without Schaub. I think this year he would like to see if we can win with him.