View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #168
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm no fan of Matt Schaub, but I think this was an issue of Matt trying to be a better QB. Instead of being safe & cautious he took a chance that he shouldn't have. I don't know that a better QB could have made that throw. I think a better QB would have checked it down to the wide open Foster. Maybe getting the ball out earlier it would have got there in time.... I don't know.

He was definitely not himself on that throw & it cost us.

There were several more throws that confirms what I've thought about Schaub. I think his "accuracy" numbers are helped by Kubiak's ability to get receivers wide open. When it's close, he puts the ball in the absolute worst place it could be.

& it's not like he hasn't been throwing to these guys for 5 years. I'm talking OD, Andre, & KDub. He's putting the ball where the defender has the best chance of defending the pass. Behind the receiver when the defender is trailing. In front of the receiver when the defense is leading.

Then he was late on just about every throw.

To be fair though, you hit the receiver in the hands, he needs to catch it & that didn't happen too often last night. KDub, Arian, Andre didn't help Matt too much last night.
So true and this is what I've been saying.Kubes made schaub just like they made jake plummer look like a pro bowl qb. He sees what big shanny and lil shanny have in rg3 and its a playmaker. I think you either load the team with explosive,playmakers, or your qb has to be one or even both. Kubes believe in schaub for now,but I think if they get a chance at the right guy,they will draft him like they thought with plummer.

There are only so many situations a coach can hide. With schaub,kubes have to have a run game,great defense,and there are a lot of throws he can't make.