View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1706
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think what they are saying is that Kubiak's 11-2 team won't win the Super Bowl. It's not inspite of Kubiak, but who did we really beat?

They are saying the AFC is weak, The Broncos weren't the Broncos we see out there today & we just showed everyone the Ravens are bigger pretenders than we are.

I don't subscribe to this line of thinking, but the evidence before us is hard to deny.

We're going to have to be a much better team to win our first play-off game this year.

The Patriots, Broncos, & really even the Bengals are better now than they were at the beginning of the year. We are not. That's the way I see it. There are good reasons why we are not. But nobody cares & they shouldn't. Kubiak's job is to get them better before the play-offs start.

& winning games isn't going to be enough. Winning games that count is all that matters. The targets been moved again, but that's the way it goes.
And it will continue to be moved by some.
Reason: They wanted Cowher here but Uncle Bob stuck it out with Gary Kubiak. Some part of them, no matter what this team manages to achieve with Kubiak as coach, will always be pissed about that.
ALWAYS.

Edit:
To be fair, I, too, will continue to "move the goalposts" as the team evolves. What made ME happy last year - getting to the playoffs - won't be enough this year. This year I expect an AFC championship appearance, minimum. Next year, I expect a Super Bowl appearance, minimum. The year after that - and every year that follows - I will expect SB wins.