View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1680
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

I'm a Kubiak supporter. Last night he had some terrible calls and the team overall seemed underprepared mentally. Just like the Packers game, the Texans fell behind by making mistakes early and could never recover. That is a combination of coaches and players. Neither coordinator adjusted well. Most players played poorly. Overall a terrible showing made worse since it was on national TV.

The 2 losses this season were the result of complete meltdown. Offense, defense, special teams, coaches & players. Kubiak's offense failed. Phillips' defense failed.

The overall picture is the only thing that counts though. Injuries have killed the defense. The salary cap killed the o-line in the offseason. This team is playing well overall though. The '12 Kubiak led Texans are 11-2. Win the next game and they win the AFCS. Win the next 2 and they get a BYE. Win the next 3 and they get HFA.

A head coaching change (after the season) would be opening the door for the other teams in the division. If Kubiak goes - Schaub goes. Does anyone run the "Kubiak" offense successfully other than Kubiak? How's the Redskins version worked out? Schaub is a "master" of this offense. He's not going to be a great QB and surely not in a new offense. Foster is less effective in a new offense. AJ is getting older. We have 1 olineman that would start for a conventional offense. Looks like a rebuild job to me. I'd rather not go through that again.

There are some scenarios that would make me feel a change at HC is needed. It would take a serious collapse that I hope none of us want to see.

Here's hoping that the anti-Kubiaks are wrong and we win a Superbowl this season. We need some feel-good vibes to wash away the crap that seems to repeat after every loss now.