Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
They also said the slot cb was Brandon harris' last year.

And I dont even recall seeing where he named crick smiths replacement.

But even if he did, you need good quality depth on the d line.

And it depends on the talent level of guys. If he is the best player on board then I say take him. We need more talent.
Texans GM Rick Smith responded with fourth-round DE Jared Crick when asked to name one member of Houston's draft class to "watch out for" in 2012.Crick will begin his career behind Antonio Smith and J.J. Watt, but he's Smith's heir apparent. "I think (Crick) will come in and get into a rotation," http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7508/jared-crick

I admit Brandon Harris has really surprised me. Hopefully as did KJ he will hit his stride next season (third). I followed Harris in college and mocked him second round. He seemed to disappear from mention after posting he was going to do a rookie diary his first training camp. That was the last post or mention of a diary. I'm guessing but think he ran afoul of coaches and was told to shut up.

No argument on needing quality depth and have a DE drafted just not high. Watt/Smith/Crick and Jamison with a low round high motor guy to give competition. IMO, especially after last night, DE is not our priority.