View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1660
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
But that's just it; WHY can't he learn to make in-game adjustments. It's not that freaking hard to see that when you are down 21-0 you gotta open things up and take a lot of risks. Otherwise, you might as well just head for the airport with 10 minutes left in the first half. Maybe the whole team can catch an earlier flight, LOL.

I defend Kubiak when he keeps running the ball with a lead and trying to burn clock instead of taking risks to score points. I will NOT defend him when we are down by 3 or more scores and he lines up AJ at fullback (little sarcasm, although I'd like to hear the explanation for that) and runs right at Wilfork. If you're going to give up with half or more of the game left, then trot out the 3rd stringers and let the starters go to the local bar or something.
There are many different trains of thought here. I thought it was the right thing to run the ball down 21 points early in the second qtr. I thought going in that we would have to slow the game down to beat the Patriots.

However, when we couldn't extend drives after the defense held the score, that's when I got worried.

When they kept loading the box & we were getting stopped for losses, I kept thinking, surely we have a contention plan for that. Man coverage on AJ, surely we have a contention plan for that. But we obviously didn't.

I was also disappointed we didn't take the points when we had a chance. I think it would have been a 51 yarder. I know we get on Kubiak for not taking a chance & going for it on 4th down when we've got momentum, but we were on the road, we were down 21 points, I think the smart thing there would have been to take the points. Of course with our kicker, a 51 yard field goal is hardly a given.

But I don't have a problem with the idea of sticking with the run game that early in the game. I wish we'd have been a little more imaginitive than run on first & second, throw on third. There was a 3rd & 3 (I think) that we lined up in shot-gun with no back..... duh?

but I don't do this for a living.