View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Cowboys game thoughts

I agree that the rooks had a very good showing, and Robinson was very impressive and seemed to outshine Babin. But that was to be expected with Babin learning a new position on a huge stage. I've said on other threads that he looked a little lost out there, and seemed to be overthinking things instead of reacting. However, the quote from Babin seems to explain a lot of what I was seeing. He seemed to react better as the game wore on, and perhaps it was the 2nd team offense coming in or just him recognizing his responsibilities, either way he seems to be a very good player. I do like his motor, and he seems to be around the ball nearly every time. Robinson looked good nearly every time I saw him. He displayed an excellent tackling ability, along with good speed, and reacted quickly to the ball. He didn't appear to be rattled at all by Keyshawns mouth, and seemed at home on the field. I think Wand was very impressive especially for being a project last year. Dallas' Defense is more quick than big/strong, and the line faired well against them. Having seen a bit of Gallery's performance made it all the more impressive for Wand. Granted Gallery is a rookie, and Wand is a second year player, but still I feel much better about Wand at LT than I did before this game. I echo the comments on Vontez Duff. He looked very comfortable back there, and he was able to make some guys miss. JJ is definately up for a battle for the return duties. All in all I was very pleased with the performance of the team, and I can't wait till I get to see them all in action again.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote