View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #102
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I was in and out of high school in two years and letter jackets were big in junior high. Jocks were a click that I got along with but did not hang with. Most were snobs and bullied others and those I usually would get into their faces which often proved dangerous... for me. Letter jackets were a symbol of that to me plus several girls let it be known they dated guys just to wear the jacket. Another turn off. I never wear anything or do something (hair, beards,'stache,etc) because another did it.

Having said that, these are just cool and I would wear one that identified me as a Texans fan. I don't want one that has a player's name or number.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

At my HS, letterman jackets were available to anyone who lettered. Not only athletes, but band, choir, orchestra, drama, etc. There were qualifications to letter, but the jackets were not representative of one particular group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I reckon these jackets will be the root of many jabs and jokes if we lose by a good amount tonight.
That thought crossed my mind, as well. Especially the fact that letterman jackets are usually associated with high school.

That said, I still think they are great and a good way to build unity among the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPM View Post
Again, letterman Jackets are Earned not bought...
All the players did make the team.