View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #130
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Bring on New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I have a big problem with Andre Johnson saying "This is the biggest regular season game in Texans history."
THIS is not a divisional game. THIS is not a must-win game. Of all the the teams that could afford to lose a game this week it's the Texans and Falcons. With a lose those two teams still control their own destiny.

That comment by AJ could only mean one thing. The Texans are more concern of their perceive power by the media more than anything. And that a lost against Pats tonight could shaken this team emotionally. Win or lose they should only be concern about their next game. It's just another game. Good teams lose to other good teams all the time. It's how they respond against each other in the playoffs that matters.

The Pats are saying it themselves, "It's just another game." Win or lose tonight they know it's how you respond in the playoffs. And I don't buy into the crap about winning this game to gain confidence. N.E. blew out the Jets two years ago and lost to them in the playoffs. Confidence gain against beating another team in the regular season means absolutley nothing!

The outcome of this particular game matter most to critics and fans of both teams. It's something to talk about, analyzed, and brags. I just hope my Texans don't get caught up in between that nonsense.

If anything, I rather have them lose tonight. Because I think this team is more dangerous playing angry and with a chip on their shoulder than a false sense of confidence.

But yes, it would feel mighty damn fine if we win!
- home field playoff rights (huge btw, were you at the last game at reliant, the stadium will be insane)
- extra week to get ready and healed up! (huge)
- intimidation factor of sticking it to the patriots @home.

That sounds like a pretty big game to me

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote