View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #133
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4107 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

wow. Here I was thinking you were a cool guy. *sigh* Let's break it down.

Quote:
AFC Championship game v. Raiders. Man gets hit and ball pops loose. His arm WAS NOT moving forward. He got hit and FUMBLED. Refs gave him a HUGE GIFT which wound up sending your team to the superbowl and even BRADY acknowledged that when he saw the Raiders a week after the Superbowl at the pro bowl.
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Stop crying. It's a crappy rule, but it's the rule.

Quote:
Video Scandal. Belechick gets busted having assistant coaches TAPE opposing teams DURING GAMES and gets a fine and a slap on the wrist where any OTHER coach would have been suspended or even banned from football. The year after said scandal when the Pats had their "perfect season" many of us who just plain don't like them were pulling for them to beat the Giants if ONLY to get the 1972 Dolphins to FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP...and they couldn't do that in a game that even the GIANTS predicted the Patriots would win
Did you bring up spygate again? Eric Mangini called out the Pats in 2007, at the start of the 16-0 season. Since then, they've been to 2 Superbowls and gone 73-17, not including playoffs (including all of '07). The only year they didn't go to the playoffs was '08, when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. It's safe to say that the videotape is not the reason for the greatness. Even Kraft said The Hoodie was a schmuck for doing it, that (according to BB) it didn't give the Pats a big advantage.

Quote:
National Media . Brady's a good QB. He's a compeditor and I respect him, but I still hate the muff-hugga. Those of us who don't live in Boston or anywhere in the Northeast, get sick to our stomachs any time our teams play the Pats only to hear the guys on Sunday/Monday night football, CBS, Fox and ESPN argue over whether Tom Brady's semen taste like sunshine, kittens, puppies, lephrechan farts, unicorn piss or rainbows as they all seem to take his junk out of their mouths just long enough to have the argument. They even do it when the Pats are having a bad season. Tom doesn't have an "S" on his chest. He's not wearing a red cape and having three ways with Lois Lane and Wonder Woman. He won 3 superbowls and will be in the Hall of fame, but doesn't seem to know the meaning the word "HUMILITY". The one Superbowl they lost he and his wife were pointing fingers at EVERYONE else. Wow...thought this was a team sport.
GOAT. Get over it. You'll be able to tell your grandkids how much you hated his supermodel banging bask side. Gisele pointed fingers, not TB12. And, speaking of Gisele, for all we know, Brady is wearing a red cape while having three-ways with her and Brigdet Moynahan. I prefer Bridget.

Quote:
For the record however, I would rather see Tom Brady and Bill Belecheat win another Superbowl before I EVER WANT TO watch the Dallas Cowbys win another one.
We agree.