View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Declared for the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I believe so. I think (and this is just my own estimation), we will have around 8-10 million in freespace at the start of free agency for 2013. That's with guys like Barwin, Casey, Quin and a dozen others hitting UFA. If we were to retain Quin for 3 million a year, Barwin for 4 million a year, and Casey at minimum, we would be right up near the cap with no rookies signed. That's no bueno...
That's about my estimate also. You sign the FA you want by bonusing vets like J. Joseph (2013 $7m) & perhap A. Smith (2013 $6m), Daniels and free up $8-10 million. I think the CBA states a player must have one year of a 'new' contract completed before that contract can be renegotiated. If so, then in offseason after 2013, Myers (2 years behind him), Schaub, D. Brown and Foster could be redone for players like Cushing.

This is where Chris Olsen will continue to shine in keeping solid players on roster, imo. After this off season most teams will all be pretty much at cap and other than cutting a high salary vet to go after a FA, probably will not be much movement.