View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: RG3 had better Cool It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
He's a fun, dynamic player to watch, and the fact that he plays on one of the Cowboys' division rivals makes it easy for me to root for him.

But, I think his style of play is going to ultimately hurt his career. Dude has a solid arm, though, so he could be coached up to rely on his passing game and use the run when needed as last resort. Right now, it seems they are scheming to use his running abilities as a primary weapon, and that's just asking for long-term trouble when the inevitable injuries add up.
I think at this stage of the game, that's what they need to do, to make him successful. Last night, that play was to tie the game & they would have still needed a two point conversion to force overtime.

I think they are going about it the right way, I'm sure Shanahan & shanahan are in his ear all day Monday about what should have been done on every snap, including when he should have just thrown it away.

He's definitely going to have to change his approach in the future, he's too good behind the LOS to have him keep doing that. But it's a process.