View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
BTW, a note to our visitors, Blazing Arrow's thread is in Memoriam of the late Titans poster with that SN.

He used to frequent our site A LOT before he passed away.
He brought with him a lot of good football talk, and some very good smacks as well.
Yeah, I kinda' miss that dude...mainly because the Texans are 11-1 and we never got to rub his smug little nose in it.

Tonight's game is one of those that has me feeling nervous. I've got tremendous respect for the Patriots organization, and while I don't have a "second favorite team", the Patriots are the team that I have followed and rooted for as the anti-Colts for the past decade. Anything that balanced out Peyton Manning's dominance was a good thing, and Brady/Belichick/Patriots were that counter-balance for a long time.

I really want this year to be a "changing of the guard", so to speak. The Patriots have been the franchise of the past decade, much like the Cowboys in the '90's, 49ers in the '80's, and Steelers in the '70's. And while I respect them and consider Brady to be #2 behind Montana, I also feel like the time has come for other teams to start building dominance for the next decade.

Can the Texans be that team? Obviously I hope so. Will they be that team? I'm not a fortune teller and cannot say for sure. I'm nervous as a Texans fan, filled with excitement to finally have a great team after a decade of mediocrity and futility, but also plagued with the curse of Houston's pro football past. Will the 2012 Texans finally put that past to rest and establish a new era, a new standard to be followed by future Houston teams? Or, will they continue the curse that has haunted this city for decades...

Tonight does not answer those questions. Win or lose, it's only one regular season game. But, it can give us some insight to the team and how they might perform in the post-season. Put up a hard fight, and win or lose, we can be proud. Wither and gasp for air like they did against the Packers, and I cannot help but feel a little worried about January 2013. JMO

GO TEXANS!!