View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTrust66 View Post
True, but part of the reason I signed up for this site is because the posters seemed, for the most part reasonable. I also think I may need this ID again sometime deep in the playoffs...

As for smack talk, try going on Gang Green (the Jets site) sometime if you've not already. It's a ship of fools with just a few exceptions.

The overall strategy tonight for the Pats will be interesting. Not sure if they will try to run it up in there against your base (word on the street has it that they can run against the Texan's nickel).

On the defensive side, I'm guessing that Belichick wants to take away Foster as much as possible. Easier said than done, of course. Talib will most like get Andre - tough matchup for Talib but there's a very short list of corners who can cover him. Talib won't be on an island - and safety play which was horrendous earlier in the year has gotten a little better with McCourty back there.

Texans are the best test of the season so far for NE. This time a year (for me) it's all about measuring whether or not my team has Super Bowl credentials or not. I think we'll know a lot more about that before midnight ET.
When I was on the Patriots board, I stated in one post that I agree your fans "have the right" to "slap" at several Gang Green members.
The Texans played the Jets quite a few times since Kubiak arrived in Houston, so I've been there several times.
There are several "suspected" characters over there.

I and a few others had posted that running against our nickel is fool gold.

A big portion of those yards came from the first game against the Titans.
They were down by a gazillion points in the second half, but they kept running.
We would let them run from their own end zone to past midfield, and then we cut them off, LOL!

There were also a few runs here and there in the fourth quarter of different games that we were willing to give up to trade for time.

There were some draw plays or QB scrambles; usually in passing situation.

Sometimes, a mobile QB was forced to scramble; I don't think Brady can be listed as such. He's not that young anymore.

Think of it this way.
The Packers had a big lead on us.
They started running with a 2-back formation, which became prevalent in the fourth quarter.
If they thought they can do a good job running at our nickel, they wouldn't be lining up in that personnel in the fourth quarter.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote