View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Monday Night Game Injury Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Well call me a non-believer.

I'd like to see Dobbins (or whoever) nullify their backfield receivers like he did Ray Rice. That, I think, is one of the keys to this game. That little Woodhead fella, & Welker will be coming out of the backfield from time to time as well.

Then Vareen.... big play waiting to happen. Someone needs to smack him every time he goes into the flat, whether he gets the ball or not. He needs to be hearing footsteps. Clydesdale like footsteps.
Our guys have been doing a good job of cutting off the RB out of the backfield.

We gave up 20 "inconsequential" yards on 4 catches to Chris Johnson (a 5-yd average.)
3 of the passes were on second and 10, the other one was on first and 20.
We also cut him off on a screen pass, forcing an incompletion.
No big deal.

I'm thinking when both Woodhead and Welker are in the game, we might be in dime.

Somebody is going to jump on Woodhead from the start and we may play press on Welker (all of our guys can do that).

Lloyd is not the biggest downfield treat we've seen; we may shade the single deep safety to help on Welker.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote