View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Heisman Draft projections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
From Manziel's current body of work, I'd say no earlier than 4rd round right now. Manziel had to make too many things happen with his feet but there is always a team, like say the Raider's, who'll take a late round chance on him just for his physical talent. Give him a couple more years of work, more repetitions within David Klingler's spread offense and he'll become a system QB. There's potential for Manziel to generate some gaudy numbers in the future, in which case, he may move up to the first round. There's also a chance be goes undrafted like Chase Daniels who also put up some gaudy numbers out of Missouri.

I'm curious how A&M's spread offense will work next year now that the SEC has gotten a look at it.
I think A&M will continue to produce on offense and improve as Manziel gets more experience. Before the fall of Petrino, Arkansas was tearing up the SEC with Tyler Wilson and their spread offense. It's a somewhat similar system, but their QB didn't run the ball anywhere near as much as Manziel. I think A&M has a good chance to continue to compete in the SEC for the next two years and potentially win the conference. As a fan, I sure am expecting them to compete for it next year. As long as Johnny improves his passing game, A&M will continue to move on up.