View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #68
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

I'm not particularly worried about this game. If we win that's great but nobody will think it means anything outside of Houston. Of course the Pats are capable of beating us. We're capable of beating them. More than likely they beat us up there but it's not a foregone conclusion. What's really important is that we win 3 of the next 4 and get home field advantage through the playoffs. Then we take care of business at our house.

I'm torn between wanting this game to be one of those 3 out of 4 or not. New England does not lose often after December 1st and it would seem like a lot to ask from the football gods to win in Foxboro and then beat them again in the playoffs. If that happened then it would be indicative of a major shift in their fortunes I think and I've seen nothing to make me believe that that has happened.

Still, this guy's a fool who must have gotten lost on his way to /sp/ on 4chan. These other Patriots fans are much more like the people I've encountered. Nothing but respect for the Patriots, I'll admit it "They're who we all want to be". I want my team to rip off a run like they have since Brady got there and they're a brilliant franchise when it comes to player management. They know when to pick them up, when to ditch them, and they draft as well as anybody ever has. My hat's off to them but I'm not going to concede anything. The Texans can beat them. They just need to take care of their business and not make mistakes. We need big games out of several people to pull this off but we can do it.

The Green Bay game was a fluke. This game has nothing to do with that one and hopefully even if we don't win tonight we put that myth to rest for good.