View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTrust66 View Post
I add to that - the original poster DEFINITELY does not speak for all of us. I can almost guarantee you that I have been a Pats fan since before he was born (1976, for the record) so I believe that I better credentials.

Heck, I even remember the Oilers of the 70's very well. Earl Campbell is one of my all-time favorite non-Pats. Bum, Dan Pastorini, Lu Ya Blue...all that stuff.

First off - good luck to you guys tonight. We live for these games - playoffs before the playoffs - and in the past decade+ we've been lucky to have a bunch of games like this. It doesn't make them any less exciting for me. Believe me, I've lived through a good chunk of the "Pre-Brady" years and I know (unlike some of these youngsters) not to take this for granted.

Pats will need their "A" game to win tonight. They are -36-3 in the month of December since 2003, but none of that matters with a team as balanced as the Texans coming into town. If NE is to win tonight they have to make you guys kick field goals a few times. I have no doubt you will be able to move the ball. Everyone moves the ball against us for at least some part of the game. The key to beating the Pats lies in the red zone and, in general, hanging onto the ball. When they are at their best, they make the other team go on long drives and hope that they screw up at some point. Most times, the other team obliges.

11 hours to go...
Welcome to the board.
Some of us have been to the Pats board; we can see the overall picture.
I don't mind the young Mr. Gronked at all; a little smack is all good.

The Texans hang on to the football pretty well.
We need to keep on doing that; the team with fewer mistakes stands a good chance of winning a game like this.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote