Thread: Full Homer?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #39
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Full Homer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I saw Andre Johnson bring in 9 catches for 188 yards.

But I know what you mean. I write that game off as the Lions were desperate. That game was it. They lose, any hope they may have had for the post season was gone. Then it's not like the Lions are chopped liver. They're young & they find ways to lose. But they've also got the #2 offense in the league.... sounds like a team we used to know.
I agree fully... The Lions are actually a really good team except one factor. No discipline. This is what causes them to lead an entire game, only to lose in the final minutes or seconds of the game, which was the same problem the Texans had up until a few years ago.

The thing that sticks in my mind the most about that game was the 4th Qtr 15 play, 97 yard drive to score the TD that sent the game into overtime. All of the momentum was on the Lions side after a great punt pinning the Texans on the 3. Yet the Texans calmly and confidently marched down the field and scored 7.

Not sure I could ever go full homer, because I would never want to sound like a large portion of the Patriots fan base!

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote