View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005   #65
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
Katy is rolling over Cy Creek 53-14. Even though Katy won district, they are in the 5A division 2 state playoffs because of school population. As I have stated in previous years, the division 1 5A state champion should have to play the division 2 5A state champion to determine the true 5A state champion. The 5A Superbowl!
....or just go to 6A and be done with it. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better, i.e., expanding the playoff field again. There are already 3-7 teams getting in. It's a bit ridiculous. With all due respect to Cy Fair, it would be fun to see Katy play Westfield in a "city championship" but it won't happen this year.

Speaking of big 5A and little 5A.... according to Westfield's website, their enrollment is approximately 3,200 students in grades 10-12. According to Katy's website, they have 2,762 in grades 9-12. Big difference. If you add in the 9th grade count to Westfield's numbers, that would put them well over 4,000 for an apples to apples comparison..

btw ... Katy's next opponent, Beaumont West Brook (8-1) lost to Westfield, 42-14 just a few weeks ago in 22-5A play.

Last edited by aj.; 11-20-2005 at 01:36 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote