View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012   #36
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys .. NT Manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Some sleaze-bag lawyer will probably get this guys sentence reduced to a fine and probation, i.e., no jail-time. And that's already been done before as he has reportedly been busted atleast once in the past for drinkin' & driven'.
The arrest for intoxication manslaughter was not the first time Josh Brent has been charged with drinking and driving.

The Cowboys nose tackle, who was arrested Saturday morning after a one-car crash that killed teammate Jerry Brown also had a drunken driving arrest in Illinois when he was in college.

In June 2009, he was sentenced to two years probation and 60 days in jail as part of a plea deal from a March 2009 DUI arrest in Champaign County, Illinois.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-in-college/
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
NP, some slicker will just get the charges reduced. This clown will be out driving around drunk again in no time at all.
You really do not understand the laws in Texas. There is two things Texas does not fck with. One is DUI, yes the first is usually is a fine and probation which I am fine with. But I have seen on the news guys getting 27 years for intoxicated manslaughter. He will do time, how much will be up to a plea bargain. If you think a DA will just let a slam dunk case (if the blood taken shows he was drunk and how much by is a huge factor) just go, you do not know politics.

The other thing in Texas that the law does not mess with is domestic violence. the first is a misdemeanor and the second is a felony in most cases. I know this because my brother is a police officer and we have had conversations regarding this.