View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012   #218
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
And, this game means the world to the Texans. They win this and theyre officially on the map. Up till now its all been hype.
Interesting.

I think as fans, we (especially here in Houston) think way too much about being on the map. That's what this game mean to us, the fans. I don't think being on "the map" means that much to the Houston Texans. As far as they are concerned, they are already on the map. They've been getting everyone's best game this season because they are on the map.

To the team, I think this is the game they get to test their metal against a "better" team. I think they believe they failed miserably against Greenbay & haven't had a true test since.

They thought they would get that opportunity against the Ravens, but after that game, it was obvious the Ravens weren't in the same league. Same thing against the Bears. It's not about being on the map, it's about going head to head with the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
Then, the AFCC will be in Houston and NE will win. Why? Because everything that worked for the Texans on MNF will be on film and wont be as successful in round 2. NE will have answers. Also, NE wont be favored to win.
We would have to drum the Patriots for them not to be favored in the AFC Championship game if both teams were to make it that far. We'll still be seen as "inexperienced." Even if the Texans win Monday night, no one is going to be fooled into thinking the Texans are hands down the better team. Better Monday night maybe. Arizona, Seattle, not even a healthy Baltimore is thought to be a better team than New England, despite beating them earlier in the year.

And just like Bellichick would have a different game plan for the rematch, even if he won the first match-up, Kubiak & Wade will give the Pats a fresh look in the rematch.