View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012   #52
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I seriously doubt they're going to take this that far.
They already did
Quote:
Barwin said he hopes for the entire team to wear the jackets when they travel to New England on Sunday morning.

“We have a dress code,” Barwin said. “The idea is to wear them on the trip to New England -- everybody’s going to wear them on the plane, on the trip to New England, on the bus. (I’m) pushing for khaki pants, white shirt, blue tie, jacket, so it looks like we’re about to get on a yellow bus with shoulder pads in our hands.”

The jackets are predominantly Deep Steel Blue with the Texans’ logo over the left breast. On the right sleeve just above the elbow is each player’s number stacked on top of his position group – LB, DL, DB, WR, etc. – in white lettering with red outline. Barwin said the jackets will soon have patches on the left arm to commemorate the Texans’ 2011 AFC South title for players who were on the team last season. Captains also will get patches on the left sleeve.
The Texans will add more patches for any future division titles and conference and Super Bowl championships. The idea is to "kind of build a tradition the longer you’re here, the more patches you get on your jacket,” Barwin said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
A letterman, in U.S. sports, performing arts or academics, is a high school or college student who has met a specified level of participation or performance on a varsity athletic team, marching band, or in other performance school-sponsored activities. The Varsity Letter represents the activities you did with varsity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterman_%28sports%29
What's next for my heroes, Mouseketeer Ears Hats ? Please don't do this to my
heroes, after all they are grown men. Please don't !
Who gives a ****? If the team wanted to do it cool, they wanted to be diff and do something other teams dont. Are you throwing a ***** fit because you weren't good at anything to get one when you had the chance to? GTFOH with that ish..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote