View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Which is why he's clearly the DPOY! But in my position, you have to offer up a possible solution.. I can't just say "Well, honestly you (my right tackle) will get beat like a drum today and you (my running back) will look like a complete and utter failure and you (my offensive coordinator) better not call any run plays or pass plays to his side because this guy is just flat out better than him (points again at my right tackle).

But as you mentioned before, the Playbook guys have a staff of 70 and I have a staff of 1. It doesn't make me look clueless, it makes my statements much more efficient because of the time it would take them to show and explain in a 15 min segment, I only have 8 words to make the same point. And I also have to explain from both ends, you just can't assume that everyone 'knows' football..
That's well and good em, but your initial comments about running at watt made it sound like he was some featherweight edge rusher.

Running at Jj watt is not wise any way you slice it. You don't run directly at strong skilled interior players like watt. That's not a recipe for success.

There are other ways to attack this defense...running at watt is not one of them. Traps, doubling him on the backside, outside runs away from him, misdirection and delays away from him to slow him down some are all better options IMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote