View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Actually when you run at Watt you now have to ability to use 2 and sometimes 3 guys to help you gain leverage (G, T, TE or FB) in pass pro its a lot tougher to double team a guy that has someone opposite of him that can also get pressure..pick your poison type of situation.

I know you were trying to be funny, but just wanted to point out the actual football aspect from my comments
No one is going to dedicate three blockers to watt in the run game. They are not going to have a guard tackle and TE (or fb) all block watt or have some part in blocking him.

That would mean the ilb, and/or the Olb to watt's side would likely be unblocked. And the NT would likely see one on one blocking with the center.

I'd count that as a win for the defense. Run at watt, have three blockers play a part in getting him blocked and let some other players go free....ON THE PLAY SIDE...

Not going to happen often because if it does we'll be the winner on those snaps 99 times out of 98.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote