View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patriots Q&A with Kerry Byrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This turned out well. I'm doing part 2 next Monday.

Patriots Q&A with Kerry J. Byrne of Cold, Hard Football Facts

I disagree with the approach that Schaub has to out-Brady Brady. Don't think that's the blueprint.

A shootout is not in the Texans interest.

Just chopping wood against the Patriots, eating up clock and then taking shots as they present themselves is the way to go. Playing Texans ball.

I think the Texans will get the Patriots moving sideline to sideline, getting Wilfork to start sweating some gravy. That's what they like to do to physical fat guys up front. Used to see Jags' John Henderson on the sideline with oxygen because what the Texans would do against him. Get him running, try to get him to quit.

Don't want a ton of downfield shots, especially given projected weather conditions.
I agree with you, Steph.

I think both teams will run the ball enough not to turn this into a shoot out (by their normal standard of efficiency on offense).

I don't think they are good enough on the edges to contain our outside zone runs. They could stop some, but we'll have some wins of our own.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote