Thread: Full Homer?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012   #34
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Full Homer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Homer? yes!
Full Homer? no.

I think a Homer can have doubts, yet still support through thick and thin, and even nit-pick some. I don't think you can NOT have doubts.

Houston, IMHO matches up similarly to N.E. as they do Detroit. So, if you agree with that, then let me ask you, with a blow out the Patriots, you wondering who the F#*% you saw on Thankgiving Day?
I think you could have the Texans and Patriots play 10 games in 10 weeks and it could end up 5-5 with each team winning in various ways. Heck, you could probably do that with a lot of teams. Anything can happen in a single game. A great team can be out of sync. A poor team can play like they're champions. In our 2nd season we beat Carolina and took the Pats to overtime. Those were the 2 Super Bowl participants. Were the Texans as good as those teams? I don't think so, but for those 2 games we were.

Any given Sunday.

That being said, my gut says we beat the Patriots on Monday. I don't think we win out, though. We lose the game on the road to the Colts, but still have HFA through the playoffs and use that to catapult us to the Big Easy.

I'm a homer, but I'll always nitpick a little. We could win the next 4 Super Bowls and in our first game in 2016 when Kubiak runs the ball on 3rd and 15 I'll still curse him. When our D gives up a long play on 3rd and long to keep a drive alive I'll still grumble. It's part of being an armchair QB/coach/GM. Blame Madden. We all think we could do a better job. Heck we'd be 12-0 if most of us ran the team. To me it's part of the game.

Everyone here is a fan. We revel in the wins and we hurt with the losses. It's about time we have a lot more of the former and less of the latter. The homers here deserve it.