View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grantland--The Trenchie Awards: ...the Play of the Year from J.J. Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
http://youtu.be/CMoPTm1KeXE?t=7m13s

I'm not seeing JJ making contact with the ball. I think he hit CJ so hard that the ball just popped out of his hand, which would explain why the ball goes forward downfield, rather than backwards. His right arm wraps up like a normal tackle and may have made contact with CJ's arm that's carrying the ball, but in any case I think the force of the hit on the body is what caused the fumble.
Something like that.

Got to give some credit to Mitchell as well though.
He made CJ ducked and turned to get away from his grab, giving Watt just the right angle for the kill.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote