Thread: Full Homer?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #29
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Full Homer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I can never be a full homer. I will leave that to the fans who have literally imprinted the Texans upon their DNA code. The people like Joe and SheTexan and others who are full-on, 24/7, no expenses spared Texans fans.

I'm a guy living 8 hours away who watches games and posts on the board.

For me, yeah "There's no other team BUT this team," but yet I still have times when I get pessimistic and I get irritated and a bit cynical of the Texans organization.

If we beat New England, it won't mean much if we drop our final three games afterward and other AFC teams win out. So, IMO, a win at New England tells me that this team is the pick to go to the SB and win it all.

Yet that still carries a tone of healthy skepticism because you can finish 15-1 and lose in the playoffs and you're not going to be world champ of the world. 1-0 every week, just like they started saying last year...like they said in the off-season, in camp, in preseason, and all through this reg season. 1-0 EACH WEEK.

I sometimes actually think it'd be better to lose this game and then win out, because 14-2 still gets us the HFA throughout. Sometimes losing one, then getting your swagger on for the rest of the way is a goods thing.

But then again, LOL, 15-1 is saying something special too!
Let me give a short version to why I am NOW such a homer and dedicated fan. I watched the first 2002 game against the cowboys with my dad, he became a texans fan after that game just like me. In 2005 he committed suicide, so now the texans are one of the only ways I still feel connected to him. Might be dumb but every time I see them play I feel like he's there and I love that feeling. So there you have it, that's why I am such a big homer win or lose. Cause to me its more than about the product on the field but more about what it stands for.