View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take a QB in the 1st Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
There are lots of games that have been cut down to only his plays here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.yE7fxKNIM0s

He doesn't look all that impressive to me. His arm strength looks average to me, and his accuracy is inconsistent. His WRs do drop quite a few passes though, so his stats are lower than they should be. He seems to be good at going through progressions, but tries to force the ball into coverage more than I like to see. His protection looks average at best, so he is throwing under pressure a lot, which may skew his true abilities. I can see him developing better in the future, but I'm not sold on him. Given the Texans situation, I wouldn't think he is a much better prospect than TJ Yates, so I would say no to him before the 4th round.
I just watched a few plays and I stopped watching him...I agree with your post except I think Yates has a stronger arm and gets more zip on his passes...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote