View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grantland--The Trenchie Awards: ...the Play of the Year from J.J. Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
As CJ reverses he turns his back to JJ who, as he goes to make the tackle, hits the ball with his right hand forcing the fumble. Moments before CJ would have gotten into the fettle position cause he knew who was coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
CJ didn't drop it. Watt got it with an upper-cut-like stab. The ball pops out & lands about 5 yards from them, to the inside. Antonio picks the ball up & unleashes the 4.5 (not the 4.2 that day) making Chris Johnson like cuts towards the endzone.

However, the ref standing right there didn't see the ball pop out, thought CJ still had it & blew the play dead, thus nullifying the Ninja endzone dance.
http://youtu.be/CMoPTm1KeXE?t=7m13s

I'm not seeing JJ making contact with the ball. I think he hit CJ so hard that the ball just popped out of his hand, which would explain why the ball goes forward downfield, rather than backwards. His right arm wraps up like a normal tackle and may have made contact with CJ's arm that's carrying the ball, but in any case I think the force of the hit on the body is what caused the fumble.