View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pro Football Focus: Texans O-Line is mediocre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Only one has been selected 3 times. We need to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
We fall short with Derek Newton run block rating of -10.9, Ben Jones pass block rating og -6.3, and Antoine Caldwell pass block rating of -3.4 and run block rating of -5.2.

Jones is trending better, while Newton & Caldwell are pretty much holding where they are.

Ryan Harris has been a nice addition with an overall +5.8 rating.
This is inconsistent with the numbers from Football Outsiders.

We averaged 4.96 yards off RT (which often consist the RG and the RT)
Last year number was 4.6

We averaged 3.29 yards off LT.
Last year was 4.16

We averaged 4.19 yards to right end (which often consist the RT)
Last year was 4.15

It seems to indicate that Newton and Harris are doing fine

The numbers for Mid/Guard is down this year.
4.20 from 4.57

It seems to me Wade Smith is having a down year in run blocking (perhaps due to his nagging injury).

The number from the LT spot actually has improved.
It was something like 2.98 yards earlier in the year when I noted that we had a lot of negative run play around Wade Smith.

Casey has not done well either as he doesn't win at the line much.

Graham has been at least as good as Dreesen in run blocking and it helps the outside zone run.
We are better to both sides of the field than last year.

It looks to me like all 3 of our tackles are doing better than last year in run blocking while our guards are not doing as good of a job.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote