Thread: Full Homer?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Full Homer?

I can never be a full homer. I will leave that to the fans who have literally imprinted the Texans upon their DNA code. The people like Joe and SheTexan and others who are full-on, 24/7, no expenses spared Texans fans.

I'm a guy living 8 hours away who watches games and posts on the board.

For me, yeah "There's no other team BUT this team," but yet I still have times when I get pessimistic and I get irritated and a bit cynical of the Texans organization.

If we beat New England, it won't mean much if we drop our final three games afterward and other AFC teams win out. So, IMO, a win at New England tells me that this team is the pick to go to the SB and win it all.

Yet that still carries a tone of healthy skepticism because you can finish 15-1 and lose in the playoffs and you're not going to be world champ of the world. 1-0 every week, just like they started saying last year...like they said in the off-season, in camp, in preseason, and all through this reg season. 1-0 EACH WEEK.

I sometimes actually think it'd be better to lose this game and then win out, because 14-2 still gets us the HFA throughout. Sometimes losing one, then getting your swagger on for the rest of the way is a goods thing.

But then again, LOL, 15-1 is saying something special too!