Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It isn't accurate to include money from 2015. More accurately stated it would be if they cut him in 2014 they save $1 mil in cap or if they cut him in 2015 they save $4 mil in cap. Cap space is a yearly rather than aggregate analysis. And new money is irrelevant. Even looking at the two combined the cap savings if released after the 2013 season is $7 mil.
At no point did Scooter or I mention salary cap in our last two exchanges. My point stands that Myers '14 salary of $5m & '15 of $6m if cut would be a savings. The bonus has been paid. You are correct that the $4m prorated would effect the cap in '14 as I said in my first response to you. I spoke of cash savings. You are speaking of salary cap.