View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #19
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take a QB in the 1st Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
No offense, but stat watching is a terrible way to scout players.

Nevertheless, I agree with your conclusion. He has a great arm and prototypical size, but he has sloppy footwork and has never "put it all together" on the field. He has starter potential, but he is a couple years away.

Furthermore, depending on the underclassmen that declare, he could be ranked as low as 12 (by my rankings) or 10 (NFLDRAFTSCOUT). Granted, these rankings are fluid, and will change by the time the draft rolls around, but even if you bump him up 2-4 spots, it still has him ranked between 6-8. Last year, 5 QBs were drafted in the 2nd- Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Weedon, Osweiler. Another two (Wilson, Foles) were drafted in the 3rd.
Yes, I'd agree with you there. Stats don't tell the whole story, but since I have no video of him playing, it's what I based my conclusions off of.

Either way, I really don't see us going QB in this draft. Weak class as compared to last year and I'm afraid to touch Barkley, who I think may fall enough, with a 10 foot pole.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote