View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take a QB in the 1st Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...7/mike-glennon

I don't see that his stats justify a 2nd round pick. OL, WR, or OLB would probably be a better option in the second round.
No offense, but stat watching is a terrible way to scout players.

Nevertheless, I agree with your conclusion. He has a great arm and prototypical size, but he has sloppy footwork and has never "put it all together" on the field. He has starter potential, but he is a couple years away.

Furthermore, depending on the underclassmen that declare, he could be ranked as low as 12 (by my rankings) or 10 (NFLDRAFTSCOUT). Granted, these rankings are fluid, and will change by the time the draft rolls around, but even if you bump him up 2-4 spots, it still has him ranked between 6-8. Last year, 5 QBs were drafted in the 2nd- Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Weedon, Osweiler. Another two (Wilson, Foles) were drafted in the 3rd.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote