View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Pro Football Focus: Texans O-Line is mediocre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...ffensive-lines

HOUSTON:
Passing: 12th
Rushing: 12th
I think he's right, but so what?

We knew the right side was going to be a work in progress. I don't think they are where they need to be, but I think they are better than what I expected. I mean #6 in the league in total yards & people (I'm one of them) complaining that Arian falls down at first contact...

Pass blocking.... Personally I think the world of Newton, I think he's the guy we're looking for to lock that position down. Ben Jones, great in the run game. Struggles some in pass blocking. I think his biggest issue, is picking up the delayed blitz...... you know he's initially engaged with someone who turns his attention to the outside, then someone runs free up the middle. I think that is dangerous because Myers has the same issue. It's worse on Ben Jones, because the guy stunting from the outside will run right past him, where it's not so bad with Myers because DE's stunting is not exactly the same thing... they've got further to go before they can get past Myers... his biggest issue (imo) is that LB that blitzes late.

But they are getting better, I think you can see that game by game, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.