View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #143
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There has to be some talk among NFL insiders that is keeping him from getting signed. I was never an advocate for him coming here but look around the league and honestly say he isn't better than many of the 2nd and 3rd string QB's.

Or to put a blunt point on it, if the Texans had to go out on Monday to play would you rather have Carr or VY starting?
Being completely uncoachable can do that. From his meltdowns on the Titans, to the hilarious media faux pas while on the Eagles, it's not really that big of a mystery why coaches would rather march out Brady Quin, Ryan Lindley and Nick Foles.

And I would rather shoot myself than either of those guys, but if I had to choose I'd probably choose Carr, because while that guy won't win you a game (ever), he's not going to try and hot dog it and offer up a bunch of needless turnovers.

Plus Carr is a fairly benign dude with the media, whereas you know Young is going to give you a juicy quote to run with.