View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #136
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Dude is a great athlete. He should take the attitude of making a team at any position. I know guys get stuck on having to play QB once they've done it, but VY could line up at TE and probably be pretty good at it.

I think his little stunt with Fisher is what has haunted him. The perception is that he quit his team, and that's something that will follow a player.
While the Fisher incident didn't help, he still was signed twice after that. The Eagles kept him for a year and saw horrible results including 4TD passes compared to 9 interceptions. In spite of that, the Bills still saw fit to sign him to a contract and despite giving him almost all of the off-season and pre-season to prove himself as a backup, let him go in favor of Tarvaris Jackson. Chan Gailey's exact quote when releasing Vince was:
Quote:
He didnít quite get everything that we were trying to do and we were asking him to do some things that probably didnít fit him.
To me that essentially means he's not capable of picking up an offensive system (again - even with OTA's, Mini-camp and Training Camp). Physical talent is one thing, but it's trumped when you're a QB and aren't smart enough.