Thread: Brandon Brooks
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
What about them? Foster's use in situational football is nothing different than it was last year. The difference I see is less cutback lanes which means less of him blasting a D straight up the middle for 5+ every time. He'll get a good run to the edges now and again but the homeruns are gone. To me, he's running like a guy who knows the holes aren't going to be there.
Like I've been saying, there are several factors that contributed.
Yes, sometimes the holes weren't there. It is just a coincidence that the holes weren't there for him a little more often than the other two backs.

You go back and watch the Titans game for example.

On his first run, Casey missed his block and there's an unblocked defender coming straight at him. he gained 2

On his second run, The whole left side got shut down; they got one more than us on that side.
He was following Casey who got blown up at the Los.
Foster gained 1.

On his third run, Wade Smith got blown up right into him;
Then an unblocked defender zeroed in.

On fourth and one, the De was too much for Walter to handle, forcing Foster wide. He managed to gain six.

All these runs were to the left.

In the second quarter, we were at their 3.
Our line got no push, Foster gained 1

On the next play, even though Brown was pushed back, Foster was able to go outside for 2 and a TD.

In the second half, he gained 10 on one play but Wade Smith was flagged for holding.

On the play where he fumbled the ball, Casey got blown up at the line again.
Brown also let his man to the inside. Harris missed the cut block in the back side; his man chased from behind to make the tackle.

We lost on the left side again, with Wade Smith. Brown let his man get inside again.
Foster gained two as he cut back but Myers missed his block on the second level.

2 plays later, OD lost the edge (hindering Brown) and Casey wasn't so hot either; no gain for Foster to the left side again to end the third.

He had a couple of runs in the fourth to the right where that side was also closed up.

The 2 short yardage situations pull his average down for sure.

I don't know what else you want him to do, really!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote