Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

that wasnt my most sober post, thanks for not blasting me for it lol. from what i've seen most of those big runs through the middle come against our nickel and dime packages. our base and heavy sets have been good or great at stopping the run and a reason we're #2 overall against the run. that's why i think the additional ILB is more of a need than DT, replacing quin in the box while also being a better matchup inside against bigger tightends. if a nose is there and BPA, cody can most definitely be upgraded, you're correct that he is average ... my contention is that we're fine with average because of today's game and how little impact the nose has compared with other positions. that's especially so if the saved money allows us to resign smith who is again having a fantastic season.

you're right about the line, i have no facts, that's just my personal evaluation. i do see some potential from newton, not so much from harris, but not enough that i'd want either to be a long term answer. duane brown was extremely talented at that point in his career, he was just raw - newton doesnt have near the talent that i can see. at guard i see a ton of potential in both jones and brooks. brooks has the high ceiling, but is still extremely raw and may not reach that potential, where as jones has already taken over the starting job and is getting better every week. wade smith has another year on his contract, though his play has dropped off this season, so guard is a position i feel we're stable at for at least another year.