View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #140
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know how many times we do it now, but we never used to do it...

But I know that last year in both Baltimore match ups our guys were following specific receivers around.

And I believe in the ATL game JJO was on Roddy White the entire game.

I think it happens more than you think it happens.

In the Detroit game this year they were following certain receivers...

Some of that may be due to WR's lining up in the same position on every snap, but we've heard the team come out and specifically say certain guys were assigned to particular WR's....

That was my point.

I don't think you can say with any kind of certainty that they won't assign guys in this game.
In most game we do have a guy like JJo as the primary defender on Roddy, but once in a while, we would have a switch or we would be in zone, or we would play quarter.

There are a lot of different things that we might do during the course of the game.

I have described a few different ways we combat the classic 2-receiver route or one of its variation.

Another thing we might do is when both main receivers are on the same side; we could let one CB releasing his man to jump the underneath route.
The safety and the other CB play deep over the top.
The safety could be guarding the outside or inside portion of the field, depending on the situation.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote