View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #138
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That may be all well and good. But I've seen our CBs beaten too often in critical situations with a single safety not being there over the top or getting there too late. And if we bring in that safety because of an inadequate front 7 pass rush or run D, expect to see Brady slice up our CDs better than Emeril on the Food Network.
That's why having JJo is important.
(I like Routt, too - when he gets acclimated with the scheme, I believe he can do it as well.)

We disguise our coverage and mix in different things to try to confuse the QB.
Two good CBs and a single high safety are normally enough to cover 2 WRs.

Once in a while, the safety will be a liitle out of position; like Demps was shading a bit too much to the other side, and was held off by a fraction of a sec by the QB's look; but if KJax didn't jump the inside, he should be able to cover the receiver well enough for Demps to come over the top.

It gives us the flexibility in the pass rush by bringing different guys (including the safety or the nickel back) every time.

The blitz in turn, was supposed to help the CBs.

Sometimes you lose; most time, it give you the edge, and you win more.

It's much more exciting to watch then the old cover 2 of Richard Smith and Frank Bush.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote