View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #109
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 74920 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
There are a couple of you I really feel like negative repping and it seems you don't understand football...unless many of you are going for reverse jinx, this is extremely sad. Look at the Pats last six opponents. The Bills gave them problems in Foxborough. Yeah, we've had a rough spot that we're coming out of, but the Pats defense has been suspect to terrible all year. If the Texans get less than 20, it will be because the pats never got the ball and we ran extremely effectively on them. There is NO chance in hell their defense is holding this offense to less than 30. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Additionally, watching their line against Miami today, we should be able to get a ton of pressure on Brady. As long as our DB's just man their post for 3-5 seconds, we should be able to get some good stops. Even when we've been sloppy, we've still pulled it together when it counts, with the exception of the Packers. There are whole other reasons behind that which I won't go into.

Get the sand out of your undergarments and fan the hell up!

Texans 37
Patsies 24
I'm with you on this one. Really shocked to see so many picking against the Texans in here especially when the Pats O-Line is in tatters, their WR's are so depleted they had to go out bring back a 31 yr old WR (Stallworth) You could see in the Miami game that Brady's passing options were limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
A lot of people are forgetting how banged up the NE offense is. Gronk will be out and so will Edelman. Brady can certainly put up a ton of points with junk at WR, but with our defense it's going to be pretty hard with all of the injuries that the Pats have had on their key players on offense. NE's D is still suspect to me as well. The Texans are a more complete team then the Patriots though.

The biggest difference factor here is how well Brady ends up playing with so many of his weapons banged up and out on injury. Brady has been the MVP this season for sure with how many points he has scored. The Texans Defense will have to play like the Dolphins defense did today and hold the Patriots to a low score.
100% agree with your post. Gronk being out is a HUGE break for the Texans and Hernandez is not 100% either.

The Texans run game and D will win this game if Kubiak follows tendencies, but what are the chance that he will try to air it out early then bring the run game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I picked us to lose this one before the season and I won't be surprised if that happens.

I would trade this loss if it means we play full on against Indy for both the Indy games.

I would much rather lose to the Patriots and beat the living snot out of the Colts twice in three weeks.

Patriots 37
Texans 23
If we have to lose, this is the comment I agree with most. IMO the Colts are a product of a very weak schedule and that they have lost when playing good teams, so I do not think they will be a problem for the Texans. If anything the Vikings could be the team that shocks the Texans.

Pats IMO have also had a really weak schedule as well so why everyone is so sure they will drop 40 or 50 on a good D is beyond me.

I will not predict a score, but will go so far as to say the Texans win.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote