View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Prototypical Size"

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It is a trade off for me, but usually prefer bigger guys versus fast/quick guys except @ WR and corner. me and Al Davis had this in common (he was richer but I am better looking). I want WR and CBs that have speed to burn; if you cannot catch them doesn't matter how good or tall you are. Vertical leap is another important consideration.

Baylor's WR Terrance Williams 6'2" 205 4.49 & IIRC 43 inch vert.
NC State's CB David Amerson 6'2" 194 4.50 36" vert

You can have big and fast in Jacoby Jones and still have little to boast on. With size usually the hip swivle and balance suffer. I agree with most of your thread but not RB. I argued for years that smaller backs not as good as bigger back in our system. Along comes Foster and Tate....I like a Forsett on roster for 8-10 carries but give me the 215+ guy that can bust 4.50.
I would wait for their respective combine numbers to confirm. School measurements are not always accurate or trustworthy.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote